Article 1: definitions
In this office complaints procedure the following terms have the following meanings:
- complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction on the part of or on behalf of the client towards the attorney at law or the persons working under his responsibility with regard to the formation and performance of an assignment agreement, the quality of the services or the amount of the invoice, other than a complaint such as referred to in section 4 of the Advocatenwet;
- complainant: the client or his representative who makes a complaint known;
- complaints officer: the lawyer who is charged with handling the complaint;
Article 2: scope of application
This office complaints procedure applies to every assignment agreement between Van Dorth Advocaten and the client.
HH van Dorth tot Medler is responsible for handling complaints in accordance with the office complaints procedure.
Article 3: objectives
The purpose of this office complaints procedure is: to establish a procedure for constructively handling complaints from clients within a reasonable period of time;
1. to establish a procedure for determining the causes of complaints from clients;
2. to maintain and improve existing relationships by means of proper complaints handling;
3. train employees to respond to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
4. improving the quality of the services with the aid of complaint handling and complaint analysis.
Article 4: information at the start of services
1. This office complaints procedure has been made public. Before entering into the assignment agreement, the lawyer informs the client that the office uses an office complaints procedure and that this applies to the services.
2. Van Dorth Advocaten has included in the assignment agreement to which independent party or body a complaint that has not been resolved after handling can be submitted in order to obtain a binding decision and has stated this in the assignment confirmation.
3. Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this office complaints procedure that have not been resolved after handling will be submitted to the court.
Article 5: internal complaints procedure
1. If a client approaches the office with a complaint, the complaint will be forwarded to Mr. HH van Dorth tot Medler, who thereby acts as complaints officer.
2. The complaints officer gives the complainant the opportunity to explain the complaint.
3. The person who is the subject of the complaint tries to find a solution together with the client, whether or not after the intervention of the complaints officer.
4. The complaints officer will deal with the complaint within four weeks of receipt of the complaint or will inform the complainant about a deviation from this term, stating reasons, stating the term within which an opinion will be given on the complaint.
5. The complaints officer will inform the complainant and the person against whom the complaint has been made in writing of the opinion on the validity of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
6. If the complaint has been handled satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person who is the subject of the complaint sign the opinion on the validity of the complaint.
Article 6: confidentiality and free complaint handling
1. The complaints officer and the person who is the subject of the complaint will observe confidentiality in the handling of the complaint.
2. The complainant does not owe any compensation for the costs of handling the complaint.
Article 7: Responsibilities
1. The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
2. The person against whom the complaint is made will keep the complaints officer informed about any contact and a possible solution.
3. The complaints officer will keep the complainant informed about the handling of the complaint.
4. The complaints officer maintains the complaint file.
Article 8: complaint registration
1. The complaints officer registers the complaint, specifying the subject of the complaint.
2. A complaint can be divided into several subjects.